Today’s episode of the Sovereign Man Podcast features non other than Sovereign Man’s Chief Investment Strategist, Tim Staermose, talking about not one but two highly successful, targeted investment strategies with proven track records.
If you are a regular SMC or 4th Pillar reader, then you’re familiar with Tim’s wit, his financial probity, and his impressive stock picking skills. Today, he’ll tell you how he goes about looking at the markets at a time when nearly everything is overpriced.
Also, if you’re curious about Tim’s top recommendation today, you can get more details here…
A quick general summary of what’s discussed:
- Intro – A bit about the markets… what Howard Marks and Warren Buffett think…
- 2:30 – A bit about Sovereign Man’s Chief Investment Strategist, Tim Staermose, and his track record
- 3:30 – Why Tim is finding great deals in this “pre-frontier market”
- 6:30 – What investors can do in today’s market, the mistakes most investors make, and the difference between the macro and the micro investor
- 9:30 – Tim’s take on “deep value” investing
- 12:00 – The other strategy Tim has been employing lately
- 13:00 – The analysis Tim does when deciding how to invest in takeover arbitrage
- 14:30 – The advantage of investing in markets based on British Common Law
- 16:00 – Why today is a good time for M&A investing
- 16:30 – Tim’s take on gold acquisitions – the majors…
- 18:30 – … and the juniors
- 19:20 – Where gold prices might go
- 19:45 — Tim talks about one of his most exciting recent picks
We hope you enjoy and learn from today’s podcast.